Lutron Electronics, maker of smart lighting and shading control systems, is helping customers adopt smart lighting and shading control systems in their homes with simplicity and ease by redefining its product offerings by home size and capability. The company is also showcasing the ease of self-installing its Caséta Wireless system.
The Lutron booth at the 2018 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) will feature a dimmer installation station where participants can self-install a dimmer in a real-life (non-powered) setting complete with instructions, tools, and even a timer.
LUTRON’S SMART LIGHTING SYSTEM OFFERINGS
For nearly 60 years, Lutron has been helping people control lights, and more recently, shades, in their homes and offices, with more than 25 years’ experience in wireless smart home and smart building technologies. With the recent introduction of several new products, Lutron has redefined its smart lighting and shading solutions for all home sizes and budgets:
For Controlling Select Lights and Shades Throughout the Home (DIY or professionally-installed)
1. Caséta Wireless- scalable up to 50 devices
2. Serena motorized shades - battery-powered roller shades and honeycomb shades for windows up to 8’ x 8’
For Whole-Home Control of Lights and Shades (professionally-installed)
1. RA 2 Select (NEW) - scalable up to 100 devices
2. RadioRA 2 - scalable up to 200 devices
3. Sivoia QS Triathlon shades- battery-powered roller shades and honeycomb shades for windows up to 8’ x 8’
For Complete Control of Lights and Shades in the World’s Most Exclusive Homes (professionally-installed)
1. HomeWorks QS - including new Palladiom keypads and thermostats- scalable to 10,000 zones
2. Sivoia QS shading solutions - wired and wireless roller shades, drapery tracks, vertical drapery system, tensioned shades, Roman shades, horizontal sheer blinds, pleated shades and fashion honeycomb shades for windows up to 12’ x 12’
3. Palladiom shading system (NEW) - a finely-crafted exposed bracket roller shade system for windows up to 12’ x 12’
MAKE THE SWITCH TO DIMMING – TAKE THE LUTRON DIMMER INSTALLATION CHALLENGE AT CES
Lutron’s Caséta Wireless in-wall dimmer features a two-wire design, meaning the dimmer doesn’t require a neutral wire for installation. This intuitive design makes it simpler than ever to self-install a smart lighting control system in a home. The Lutron dimmer installation station allows up to four participants to self-install a Caséta Wireless dimmer in a real-life (non-powered) setting complete with instructions, tools and even a timer. Participant times will be logged, with daily prizes awarded to those with the fastest times.
RECENT LUTRON ANNOUNCEMENTS ON DISPLAY AT CES
Lutron’s commitment to innovating reliable, high-quality products and working with best-in-class brands to enhance the customer experience continues to be showcased at CES, including:
1. Refreshed app interfaces for Caséta Wireless, RA2 Select, and RadioRA2/HomeWorks QS systems. With their intuitive design and streamlined interfaces, the newly redesigned Lutron and Connect apps make it simpler than ever to control lights, shades, and temperature from anywhere in the world. Customers now have quicker access to their devices and can see the status of their system on one screen.
2. Lutron recently earned the distinguished ‘Works with Sonos’ badge, meaning that select Lutron products with experiences built on the latest Sonos platform have been tested and certified to meet rigorous standards for quality and compatibility. Sonos Home Sound Systems can be incorporated into Lutron scenes and geofencing feature, and can be controlled from a Lutron Pico remote for audio for convenient tabletop or wall control as well as via the Lutron and Connect apps.
3. Amazon Alexa Groups and Routines offer additional ways to control Lutron smart lighting and shade systems. With the Alexa Groups feature, customers no longer need to remember the specific name of a smart device or group of smart devices to control them. For example, when a customer walks into the living room, they can say, “Alexa, turn on the lights” rather than “Alexa, turn on the living room lights.” Customers can also now view and control the state of their Lutron system devices in the Alexa App.
Customers can use Routines to automate a series of actions using a single, customizable voice command. For example, a customer could say “Alexa, it's bedtime,” to turn off select lights, lock the front door, and turn off the TV.
LUTRON EXECUTIVES TAKE THE STAGE AT CES
To demonstrate its leadership position in the smart home, Lutron is participating in three panel discussions:
1. Smart Home and Interoperability: Expanding Ease of Use
a. Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2-3:10pm, Venetian, Level 4, Marcello 4405
b. Lutron panelist: Matt Swatsky, Vice-President of Residential Mid-Market
2. Homes of the Future: Tech Smart
a. Wednesday, Jan. 10, 10:15-11:15am; LVCC, N256
b. Lutron panelist: Michael Smith, Vice-President of Sales
3. Sustainability Policies in the Tech Industry
a. Thursday, Jan. 11, 2:15-3:15pm; LVCC N253
b. Lutron panelist: Pekka Hakkarainen, PhD., Vice-President, Government and Industry Relations
WHERE TO BUY LUTRON PRODUCTS
Visit www.lutron.com/wheretobuy to view online and/or local options for both DIY and professionally-installed systems.
Lutron dimmer installation station allows CES guests to self-install a dimmer in real time<br /><br /><br /><br /> Lutron Electronics, maker of smart lighting and shading control systems, is helping customers adopt smart lighting and shading control systems in their homes with simplicity and ease by redefining its product offerings by home size and...